All about SharePoint Deployment Planning Services (SDPS)
BY: NEISHA SANTIAGO
SharePoint Deployment Planning Services (SDPS), based on Microsoft best practices, provide structured consulting engagements, delivered by Microsoft qualified partners, to help you explore deployment or upgrade options, reduce uncertainty, and plan your move to SharePoint Server 2019 or SharePoint Online.
SDPS engagements are designed to help you discover what is new with the platform, understand how to apply the capabilities, develop a logical architecture, and create a roadmap to deployment. Engagement topics may include: capabilities for IT Pros and business users, SharePoint Search, Business Intelligence, applications, information architecture, topology planning, or migration planning.
Using Planning Services days
Available in engagements of 1, 3, 5, 10, or 15 days, Planning Services offer a structured yet collaborative consultancy. The longer engagements allow for a deeper look at specific technologies and provide more in-depth analysis and deployment planning. INVID can work with you to determine specific components to support your organization’s needs and help ensure that you understand what can and will be included in your engagement.
You can increase the number of engagement days by converting unused Software Assurance Training Voucher days into Planning Services days on a three-to-one basis (three Training Voucher days equal one Planning Services day). In case you have coupons near expiration, they will assign an additional 180 days to use them.
How INVID can Help?
INVID is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner. At Microsoft, INVID have been recognized with the Country Partner of the year award for Puerto Rico in 2015 and 2017, as well. INVID is well-known for their expertise with the Microsoft SharePoint platform, worked with the product since its first release and know the potential of the tool and its capabilities. INVID have experience migrating SharePoint Server intranets to latest versions and from on premise to online, as well. INVID have implemented digitalization projects, workflows automation (Employees Evaluation process, Vacations and other requests), among other initiatives.
Also, INVID is certified by Microsoft to provide SharePoint Deployment Planning Services (SDPS) and have been providing this service for more than 5 years. SharePoint Deployment Planning Services (SDPS), based on Microsoft best practices, provide structured consulting engagements, delivered by Microsoft qualified partners, to help you explore deployment or upgrade options, reduce uncertainty
Convert Training Days to Planning Services Days
- Access the VLSC
- On the Welcome to the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) home page, select Sign.
- Type your Microsoft account and password.
- Select Sign In.
- On the Training Voucher Benefit Details page, select Convert Training Days.
- The VLSC will prompt you to choose the number of Training Days you want to convert and confirm the conversion action.
- After the Training Days are converted, you can use the VLSC to assign Planning Services Days to a project manager within your organization.
- Assign Planning Services Days as outlined above.
Planning Services provide structured, on-site consulting engagements from qualified partners or Microsoft Services to help you plan your deployment, whether on-premises or in the cloud. These structured engagements help you plan your deployment of the latest Microsoft technology and are available for many products and services.
- Sign in to the VLSC.
- Select Software Assurance from the top menu.
- Select Planning Services. This will take you to the Manage Software Assurance Benefits page.
- Select the LicenseID for which you want to manage Planning Services. This will take you to the Benefit Summary page.
- Select Planning Services.
- Select the voucher type and service level (length of the engagement in days).
- Assign the Planning Services voucher to a project manager within your organization by entering their name and email address, and any special instructions.
- Select Confirm Voucher Assignment.
- After the voucher is created, select Assign Voucher. This takes you to a benefit details page confirming voucher information, including voucher status and expiration date.
The project manager will receive an email message that provides information about the benefit. The email message will also include a link to a list of Microsoft partners or Microsoft Services so that the project manager can schedule the Planning Services engagement.
When the consulting partner confirms the engagement, the Planning Services voucher will show as “Reserved” in the VLSC. When the engagement ends, the consulting partner works directly with Microsoft to redeem the Planning Services voucher and receive payment.
Do you want to improve productivity in your organization? Click here to contact us! and start using SharePoint Deployment Planning Services Today!