Business Analyst/Product Owner
The Business Analyst/Product Owner is the person responsible for converting the vision and strategy of a project into a highly detailed set of requirements that will be used by the development team to create a product or solution. The Product Owner will be working closely with our clients and stakeholders to both understand and contribute to the overall product or solution strategy. This will require a vast amount of interaction with our development teams to ensure sufficient details and explanations have been shared, and any questions can be answered quickly and accurately as possible. The Product Owner will also be working hand to hand with our CIO and COO to define and shape the future of our products and our client’s projects through insights, analysis and the ability to identify, communicate and realize a vision.
- Leads the requirements gathering effort consulting with product managers, clients, and any other stakeholders.
- Defines and documents stories based on epics after review meetings with stakeholders and development teams.
- Attend Scrum events like Daily Scrum Meetings, Review, Retrospectives.
- Product backlog management; backlog items creation and updating
- Work effort estimation, stories decomposition, and estimation.
- Creation of mockups, UI/UX design along with our graphic designers, database design, etc.
- Creating and coordinating presentations for status report and demonstrations.
- Answers questions and clarifies requirements to development teams and stakeholders.
- Coordinates meetings with stakeholders and act as an intermediary between the team and stakeholders.
- Documents statements of work, vision and scope of work, acceptance criteria, users’ manuals, technical and functional specifications, implementations and releases documentations and coordination, etc.
- Demonstrates the latest increments on each iteration, conducts pilot testing and gathers stakeholders’ feedbacks.
- Creates and documents project completion reports and conducts client’s satisfaction surveys.
- 2+ years of relevant experience working or managing products requirements for the development of web and mobile based solutions.
- Extensive experience working with project management tools like Microsoft Project, Jira, Trello, Active Collab or any other.
- Extensive experience working with Office 365 software and tools like Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and OneDrive.
- Understanding of the business values of development decisions and how they affect the sales, margins and lifecycle of a product or solution.
- Ability to think about short-term action and long-term strategy.
- Extensive working knowledge of latest technologies, platforms, techniques and best-practices for the development of web and mobile applications including databases, web services, programming languages, frameworks cloud computing services like Microsoft Azure or AWS, etc.
- Understanding of business intelligence, big data, AI, machine learning, statistical analysis, metrics and reporting solutions.
- Ability to work both independently or in teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to make sound business recommendations.
- Product owner certification preferred.
Are you interested in this position?