The DBA will be responsible for the administration, implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of the applications. This position requires solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts to meet integration and performance expectations.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real-time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24×7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server preferred
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
Job Type: Full-time
Are you interested in this position?