Develop, manage, maintain, and evaluate current state-of-the-art computer hardware, software, and software development tools. The SharePoint Developer will evaluate their ability to support specific requirements and interface with other equipment and systems. With expertise in systems analysis, the professional in this role will determine potential and actual bottlenecks and propose recommendations for their elimination. The SharePoint Developer will also make recommendations for system improvements that will result in optimal hardware and software use.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage, design, and configure artifacts in the Microsoft SharePoint environment
- Develop dashboards and reporting tools in the Microsoft SharePoint environment
- Develop a reporting process for ongoing tactics and strategic programming items
- Compare and analyze data collected in actual tactical execution
- Develop comprehensive and accurate recommendations for enhancements to tactical programming based on monthly findings
- Assisting in project development, defining technical requirements and developing solutions
- On-going support for applications
- Designing and customizing SharePoint solutions
- Design and integration for content management, portals, collaboration, business process or other solutions
- Helping to plan and assisting software version upgrade releases
- Troubleshooting and debugging SharePoint sites
- Must be able to participate and assist in design, development, implementation, and maintenance of SharePoint business applications
Education and/or Experience
Formal Education & Certification
Four-year college diploma or university degree in computer systems design or computer science, and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- Analysis, design, hands-on development and delivery of web-based applications.
- Good understanding of C#, .NET Framework, and ASP.NET are required.
- In-depth knowledge of out-of-the-box solutions using SharePoint 2010/2013 including but not limited to:
- Comprehensive understanding of the functionality and features of SharePoint 2010 and 2013
- Experience developing custom Web Parts for SharePoint 2010 and/or 2013 solutions
- Custom workflows
- Solutions that access external data by using
- Business Connectivity Services
- Managed metadata and user profile services
- SharePoint’s content management services
- Good fundamental knowledge of MS SQL Server
- Custom development to extend and augment the SharePoint platform
- Development of custom web parts
- Experience with development tools (such as Visual Studio, .Net, C#, etc).
Are you interested in this position?