How to correctly implement a Digital Work-space
BY: CARLOS FELICIANO-MISLA
The digital workspace is continuously evolving into a much more intelligent workspace. Technology is developing and changing at a rapid pace, making it difficult for everyone to learn about all the new information.
It may sound overwhelming to employ the latest productivity solutions at first, but once the latest solutions have been implemented, the digital workspace would become highly productive and allow the business to become competitive.
To correctly implement a digital workspace, here are some of the issues which need to be tackled to make way for a workspace which uses the latest technology.
- Get rid of outdated technology: Most businesses are underperforming because they are using obsolete technology or application. It can prove to be a great challenge having to remove outdated technology, but it is essential for allowing the business to become a digital workspace for its employees.
- Improve communication: For a digital workspace to be wholly implemented in an organization, it is essential first to improve communication. Employees need to be made aware of the changes in the workspace and how they will benefit from it. Dialogue between the employees and management must be encouraged.
- Evolve the operational processes: A business organization which expects to implement a digital workspace will need to make changes in the way employees are managed, and the entire operational processes will have to evolve. There needs to be employee accountability, engagement, and recognition policy.
- Create a more transparent environment: The workspace will only become a digital one when the work environment is more transparent, therefore, make sure to allow higher chances of information sharing and implementing a transparent work environment.
- Identify the needs: A workspace will become a digital one once the needs of the organization have been identified. Identify the requirements to create a solution geared towards addressing business needs. Firstly, the business will need to set up a foundation and infrastructure and make use of the new support to create a digital workspace.
- Reorganize the entire business processes: Once the needs of the organization have been identified, it is time to reorganize the whole business processes to allow for the workspace to become a digital workspace. It includes managing governance as well as setting user adoption policies. How to govern new technologies? Governance is at the heart of implementing a digital workspace, which is why it is crucial for a business to set up governing policies. Understand all the automation options for governance to allow it to be more efficient.
- Collaboration: Another vital thing to keep in mind when implementing a digital workspace is to allow cooperation to take root. Encourage employees to collaborate and give new ideas to management for the process to be more successful.
- Artificial Intelligence: AI has taken the world with a storm, and if you want the workspace to be digital, it is necessary to invest in artificial intelligence.