From time immemorial, the plight to achieve maximum productivity and increase revenue through hiring numerous employees, strategically placing them and requiring them to work on hours on end has been, costly and difficult to say the least.
Luckily, thanks to digital innovation, there is now an easier way to enhance productivity and increase revenue. The future is looking brighter due to Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
What is Robotic Process Automation?
Robotic process automation is a technological application that configures computer software to automate repeated, rules-based, non-subjective process. It changes the approach to completing tasks that involve manual input and data processing. The main principle of RPA is grounded on playing between two technological applications through an existing user interface rather than an application programming interface (API).
How does it Work?
RPA provides you with an unlimited resource pool that mimics human behavior and automates mundane, repetitive tasks that hamper your employees’ productivity. This resource pool is not made up of humanoid robots, but software code that is delivered from the cloud to any location across the globe 24/7/365. What’s more? These bots never take a break, and if there’s no flaw in their input logic, never make a mistake.
RPA makes it possible for employers or employees to not have a firm understanding of the technology behind the system, but still be able to reap the benefits from it. Robotics process automation makes you assign manual and repetitive tasks to a software that can keep repeating it without error or breaks, helping you get rid of low-importance tactical jobs, so you can better concentrate on your high-value strategic jobs that actually contribute to your bottom-line.
Organizations Using RPA Indicate That They Have Since Improved Their Productivity
According to research carried out by Deloitte, ninety-five percent of organizations that have implemented robotic process automation (RPA) say that it has improved productivity. The study also found that 93% of those who have implemented RPA believe it has improved compliance, 81% say it has recused costs and 77% claim it has provided better management information.
Benefits of RPA
- Increased productivity reduces expenditures– RPA can be implemented for relatively little investment, especially if it is open source, which requires no license costs.
- Robots do not make mistakes– If set up correctly, RPA eliminates errors and inaccuracies.
- RPA works 24/7– Due to the fact that it works around the clock, it can triple the productivity of a human worker.
- RPA reduces staff training investment and saves time– When the process should be modified, the company needs only to change the initially preset rules (modify the script) not to train the employee.
- RPA registers 100% of processes– Regulatory compliance is especially important in today’s fast-paced business environment.
- RPA does not require a workplace and social guarantees– According to some studies, one robot is the equivalent of three to eight human workers in terms of productivity. Experience shows that RPA can reduce business process costs up to 80%.
Advanced robotics technologies are completely changing the business paradigm, and no one is complaining. Why would they? RPA continues to pave the way towards high productivity and efficiency.