How to simplify your business processes with Office 365
BY: NEISHA SANTIAGO
Office 365 is much more than just Microsoft Office in the cloud. It offers many advantages for businesses, supporting growth, and saving money. If you are questioning if you need Office 365, I show you a list of the top 10 benefits that Office 365 can deliver to businesses.
- Simple Collaboration
If you have teams that work together on tasks, reports, or presentations, then you’ll find Office 365 beneficial for your company. Since you can rate up as needed, your team can advance to work with the tools they are close with as you grow, you don’t have to switch to a new system or modify to new tools.
- Work from Anywhere
One of the main advantages of Office 365 is the capability to work from anywhere as long as you have a good internet connectivity. Because it’s completely cloud-based, email, files, and Office programs (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) can be accessed from any place and any device. You can design, edit, and share from your PC, Mac, or your iOS, Android, or Windows device with anyone in real-time. This is beneficial for companies with various locations, remote workers, or employees who travel often.
Office 365 provides you the flexibility to scale your business quickly as it can grow with you. Companies can mix and match apps to build your custom solution for each user or department. It’s easy to attach or remove users by just adding or eliminating licenses. Everyone who needs to add to or edit a document (presentation spreadsheet etc.), can work on the same version (and get real-time changes) rather than having multiple copies.
- Reduces Costs
Office 365 is a subscription-based service. You pay an annual or monthly subscription fee per user. It excludes the high up-front costs for new software; you’re mostly leasing vs. buying. These fees also move IT costs from capital to working expenses. Although some organizations pay yearly, most plans are usually paid month-to-month, which can be useful from a cash flow perspective.
- Up to Date
Office 365 is always up to date , yes because it’s in the cloud, so you’ll have access to the newest versions at no extra charge; Gone are the times of software upgrades or patches. Microsoft frequently adds new features and capabilities, and you have access to them as soon as they are presented. Compatibility concerns have also become obsolete because all users will be using the same version.
- Eliminates Hardware and Reduces Energy Costs
Because office 365 work in the cloud, you don’t need servers for your website, emails, or document storage. The cost savings are substantial. Eliminating onsite servers will reduce both energy costs and the need for office space to store server hardware.
- Multi-device Usage
From using a PC at the office, a tablet at home, a laptop while you travel, we all have a smartphone by our side almost 24/7. The advantage of Office 365 is that documents can now be accessed from any of these devices mentioned, and auto-syncing means that the most current version is always at hand.
- Plans to Offer
Office 365 has many business plans, each with different features and programs. Each worker will have different technical needs, so having the ability to mix and match your project will mean you don’t spend more than you need.
- Security Features
Office 365 has several built-in security features to maintain your company’s data safe.
- Advanced Threat Analytics (ATA): ATA uses machine learning and analytics to identify and alert you to unusual activity straight away. ATA has built-in intelligence to learn, analyze, and recognize normal and unusual users or devices, keeping you updated in real-time.
- Message Encryption: Allow you to send encrypted emails, preventing anyone other than the intended recipient from reading the contents of your email. Encryption operates no matter which email service the recipient uses.
- Mobile Device Management: This feature assists you secure and manage Office on employees’ mobile devices to protect private data. You can control device security policies, remotely wipe a device, and view specific device reports.
- Data Loss Prevention: This controls emails and prevents sensitive information from leaving your organization. When enabled, all emails from an organization are scanned for information such as credit card, passport, or social security numbers.
- Email Capabilities
Office 365 users have access to the latest features on Outlook, which has a broad range of significant email capabilities. Some of this feature are:
- Time Zone Management: If you struggle to handle meetings across time zones, you can now create the events start times and end times across different regions.
- Boomerang: Acting as a snooze button your email, it moves messages to a storage folder bringing it back to your inbox at a moment you need it. Also, Boomerang lets you send messages at different times, it also has recipient reply notifications, and enhanced scheduling features through your Outlook calendar.
- Inbox & Clutter: Automatically sets what it determines are your most relevant emails into one folder and the rest into another folder.
Office 365 offers many valuable advantages for your business, whether you need to increase your collaborative skills, increase productivity, or guarantee your data stays secure. From online meetings to sharing documents, Office 365 delivers solutions that go way beyond the installed version of Microsoft Office.
If you want to simplify your business processes, try Office 365 today! Contact Us.