2018 YEAR IN REVIEW
BY: ALBERTO LUGO
#estamosbien, a catchphrase made famous by Latin Trap Singer Bad Bunny became the new motto for Puerto Ricans a year after the catastrophe of Hurricane Maria, the worst natural disaster on record to affect the island.
It has been one of the most challenging years of our lives but also one of the most rewarding as a team and as a company. We managed to bounce back from what appeared to be the worst year of our career to the best year yet.
1. We reached over 10,000 monthly page views on our website. We have been publishing weekly content to our site to inform and educate people about technology trends, client success stories, and downloadable material to facilitate the decision-making process when people are acquiring new software or technology services for their businesses.
2. Two of our blog posts ranked first in the Google search engine. Our blog posts: ‘What is insights, data, and analytics‘ and ‘8 things your intranet should have‘ reached the number one spot in Google, achieving one of the Marketing’s team yearly goals! Bravo!
3. 105% growth in sales. We had an extraordinary increase in sales thanks to our expansion in the Caribbean and United States market. Our Marketing and Sales team collaborated seamlessly to produce more leads and close more deals.
4. We were awarded the Global Leader – Developer Award in Clutch.co. Leading B2B ratings and reviews platform Clutch announced the top development companies from around the world. The annual report recognizes 200+ B2B service providers across multiple categories: mobile app developers (Android, iOS) and web and software developers (React Native, .NET, PHP, Ruby on Rails, AngularJS, Magento, Shopify, WordPress, Drupal, AR/VR, Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Blockchain, chatbots).
“Development is Clutch’s most competitive category, so becoming a leading development company requires technical expertise, adaptability, and an excellent rapport with clients from all industries and backgrounds,” Clutch Business Analyst Sara Philibotte said. “These companies deserve praise for their ability to distinguish themselves in a saturated, rapidly growing global market.”
INVID also ranked 164 out of 1,000 companies that made it to the Clutch 1000 List. That means we are in the Top 20% of the list. B2B research, ratings, and reviews company Clutch announced the top 1000 B2B companies around the world based on their ability to deliver: number, recency, and quality of client reviews; clients served, work portfolio, and brand reputation and visibility in their target market. This is a new and exclusive honor for B2B services firms in 2018. It recognizes the companies that have gone above and beyond for their clients.
5. 95% Growth in Revenues. Whoa! Following the growth in sales came the growth in revenues bouncing back from a ruthless 2017 thanks to hurricane Maria. The growth was possible thanks to an increase in Sharestacks and Social Alert software licensing, and also due to a rise in software development and outsourcing services.
6. 40% Growth in our Workforce. To make all this possible, we increased the number of consultants, formalized a Marketing and Human Resources team, and strengthen our sales and management team.
7. Over 20k daily active users in our collaboration platform, Sharestacks. It’s been a solid year as well for our collaboration platform Sharestacks which saw a massive increase in the number of new clients and the total amount of users that benefit from the platform every day. Companies in the United States, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, and Puerto Rico acquired the platform this year.
8. We created an AI-powered Chatbot called MINVO. It was a lot of fun for our Marketing department to collaborate with the Engineering team on this Chatbot. This cool guy can answer questions on websites, Microsoft Teams, Skype, and Facebook.
9. We had the grand opening of our office in Washington DC. A strategic move to be closer to our clients in the East Coast and the Federal Government. We are an SBA 8(a) and DoT DBE certified company, so the most logical town to open a new regional office was DC. Hey, if Amazon did it must be the right move.
10. New clients from Jamaica, Miami, Washington DC, Dominican Republic, and Puerto Rico joined our family. We are grateful to be doing business in other regions and thrilled that clients are discovering the benefits of the Puerto Rico advantage.
11. 40% of our new clients produced 50% of our revenues. Out of that increase, 40% came from those relationships with new clients and 60% came from repeat business with our existing clients. As we have stated many times before, we work very hard to produce long-term relationships with our clients so that they think of our team as their extended team.
We are delighted and eager to start a new year full of new endeavors and cool adventures creating custom software to solve business challenges.
Stay tuned for a fabulous 2019!
Would you like to learn more about our Year in Review – 2018?